Friday, January 6, 2012

Welcome to Amaryllis Musings

Welcome to my blog!  I have wanted to start a blog for quite sometime but managed to come up with a mirriad of excuses.  I didn't have a vision, I didn't have a point, so why should I bother with this medium anyway. The kicker of them all was, who would want to read my ramblings?

Then things changed, I lost my mother in November of 2011 and I realized that I wanted to record my life.  I wanted to record my memories from her and my family as well as my journey forward.  This became my point of view.

My mom and I at Phipps Conservatory December 2010

So what are you going to find here?  Well, I guess I better tell you about myself, first let's start with the basics:

Name:  Heather
Occupation:  Engineer and Part Time Masters Student

Hobbies: Nerd, Foodie, Crochet/Knitting, Reading, Hockey Fan (Particularly Pittsburgh Penguins), Volunteering

In general, I plan to use this space to tell you about what I am crafting, tell you about the food I am making or cool sciency things.  But mainly, talk about what's going on and tell you stories about my mom.


<3 Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment