Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Month of Craft - Day 8 thru Day 12

Not only did I get out the Knit and Crochet festival this past weekend but I caught up on taking some pictures for the Month of Craft Project.  I have had a great time with this challenge and am really trying to take the pictures now instead of using older pictures that I have.  Anyway, here are days 8 thru 12.

Day 8 - Challenging


Celtic Cables Dishcloth

So I found my WIP for Cables to be challenging.  Not that making the cables was challenging, just the need for concentration and paying attention is challenging.  I used cotton and it really didn't have much give but I plan to attack this pattern again and try to get it to stand out.  Also I accidentally did 2 rows twice and that was when I decided to frog the pattern.  I know now I need to make notes and journal while doing these projects.

Day 9 - Your Hands

Working on Silver's Sock Class
I got a couple new gadgets (post coming shortly!) so taking this picture was a lot easier than the "you in action" prompt from Day 1.

Anyway, I have to comment that I love nail polish.  I usually either have a manicure or at least my nails painted, but I am guilty of letting it chip away for a while (GASP!)  Anyway, I am pretty handy at painting my own nails and can even do a decent job on the dreaded right hand.  This nail polish is from Essie and the color is called Lion Around.  I love it.  I tend to gravitate toward deep colors and stay away from pastels but this one is just the right amount of color to make me happy.

As noted on the caption, I am working on Silver's Sock Class in Tequila Sunrise from Breathless by Shalimar Yarns

Also, the purple band is from the Knit and Crochet Fest.

Day 10 - Your Craft Bag


My mom made me a craft bag.  I really like it and it holds a couple of projects and my bag of needles and hooks.  I mentioned that I wanted a bag and the next weekend this was made.  I didn't quite like the bag at first but it really grew on me.

I realize now that I didn't always appreciate all of the little things that my mom did for me.  I look around my apartment and see the curtains, pillows, and blankets she made.  I see the lamps she found for me when I moved to my first apartment and the appliances I got for holidays and birthdays.  She was kind of awesome and I really did have a great mom.

Day 11 - A WIP


Noro Plaid Project

I have craft ADD and have like 6 WIPs going on but I couldn't help but grab this one for the photo because the colors are so vibrant and beautiful.

Day 12 - A Crafty Gift


I made this scarf for my Friend Jenn but never got it to her.  Now that St. Patrick's Day is coming around again, I hope to get her this scarf.

So what do you think?  I personally can't wait for my recap at the end of the month to show you all of the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment