Monday, February 13, 2012

Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Festival

We had a snowy weekend here but it was perfect for a day spent shopping for yarn and wool.  Samie from Not Your Gram's Afghan I went to the Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Festival.



Of course, I went with a budget but really that went out the window when I saw all of the artizen hand dyed yarn.


I found a few lovely and adorable patterns.

Unwind: Yarn House Soft Owl Pillow

The Wonderful Wallaby and Cozy from the Toe Up, Crochet by Faye
Crochet by Faye had some really lovely stuff at her table.  I wanted to buy all of her books and try all of the patterns.  Really her stuff was adorable and youthful and she's from the Pittsburgh Area.




Look at some of the beautiful yarn we saw from Ball and Skein.  




Samie and I realized we really needed to get out of our color comfort zones.  I love bright greens and blues and Samie loves pinky purples so we made a decision to look for yarns we could not get in local stores in colors we don't generally gravitate toward.

So we both found some lovely yarn from SpaceCadet Creations which is also based out of the Pittsburgh Area.



 All of the yarn was beautiful and I loved all of the greens but I settled on a lovely rose color.


Overall, here is a shot of everything that I got at the festival.  I really think these are some brands that I plan on using again and again.  And really these are lovely yarns that I can't wait to make lovely things with them.



I really wished I could show the multitude of pictures from the day but visit Samie's site to check out what she had to say about the day.  Samie's Post



Also please make sure you check out the sites I listed for the yarns I bought!  Listed below is a compiled list.



<3 Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment