Friday, March 2, 2012

Week in a Day

Hello all, I know for many it is Finished Object Friday (check out Tami's Amis Blog for wonderful finished objects) but I was sick all week.

Tuesday started with the headache that wouldn't go away and Wednesday and Thursday was the stomach flu.  I didn't have a fever but I was not a happy camper.  Luckily I took my work laptop home and was able to work from home.  The good news is that my project is rolling out this weekend but that means I had a ton to do this week and being sick was not a motivating factor to get that and my blogging done.

I usually don't mention work here but I have to crow a bit because I have been working on this project for 2 years and am so happy to finally see it come to light.  I am really happy and nervous for the system to turn on.

Anyway, now that I am feeling better I figured I would condense a week of posts in a day and update everyone what's been going on.  This past weekend was so much fun,  I attended the Section 65/66 Alpha Phi Omega Conference. Alpha Phi Omega is a national co-ed Service Fraternity that I pledged in college and am now an alumni volunteer.  Really the conference was great, students got to network and learn how to make their chapters great.

Sunday, I didn't do much.  I didn't make it home but was able get some laundry and house cleaning done as well as crochet 5 more Lego Blocks! I mentioned them here and got a bunch more done plus all of my yarn has arrived.  I hope to get 20 done this weekend.  Wish me luck!



Monday I went out to dinner with a friend and Tuesday my headache prevented me from looking at monitors, screens, lights, sunshine so I became a vampire and hid in the dark.  My flu hit on Wednesday morning and I had all of these plans for WIP Wednesday but I didn't get around to it.

Aside from working on the bobbles, I was able to get some work done on my socks.  The ankle portion is about 3 inches and really I don't cuff or like tall socks so I think I am going to start on the heel. I admit this is a little scary but I think it will be okay.  Hopefully I will have more to show next week.

I love this yarn, the colorway is awesome and so soft
I started the next project after last WIP Wednesday but I found the pattern and couldn't wait to use the yarn.

It Sparkles!




  I bought Space Cadet Creations - Lucinda Yarn in the Mars Colorway at The Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Festival in February.  This is hand dyed locally and I love supporting local artisans plus really its gorgeous yarn.  I could not wait to get it on my needles the trick was finding the right pattern.

I found the Falling Water pattern on Ravelry and knew this would show the yarn well.  Okay, I needed a bit of encouragement today from Samie but as I look at the picture I can really see it coming together.  The picture doesn't show the color to it's fullest potential but it does show off the pattern and the sparkle.

Lastly, I started on a scarf for Katherine.  Katherine is a huge Harry Potter fan and is graduating this fall and I wanted to make her a Hogwarts Scarf as a present.  I got the yarn in this week and had to start.


It doesn't look like much but Gryffindor colors will shine through once I start adding the rows of Gold Stripes.  I am using the pattern from Year's 3 and 4 from Charmed Knits.  I got the book from my friend Amy but hadn't started to knit yet.  I am so happy I am able to use it now.

I haven't been reading as much as I like but have the following books in my queue:

  • The Rogue Pirate's Bride by Shana Galen
  • Unclaimed by Courtney Milan
  • Highlander for the Holidays by Janet Chapman
  • So Shelly by Ty Roth
  • Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas
  • The Garden Intrigue by Lauren Willig
I have a proclivity towards romances but I have still read 17 books so far this year.  The aim is always 100 so I need to remember to put down the knitting needles and pick up a book every so often.  Perhaps, I need a timer to have equal reading and yarn time.  Thoughts?

Well, hope you all have a good weekend and I hope to have some good pictures of recipes on Monday!  I am thinking of baking a pie this weekend.  Yummy!

<3 Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment