Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday - And the Scarves Have It!

Hello again, it has been a busy week this week but I did manage to get some work done on my WIPs. Here is the compilation picture.

Progress Picture for 4/4/2012
In the picture above are the projects that I worked on last week.  Falling Water Scarf , Gryffindor Scarf, and the Hummingbird Socks.

I am really pleased with what I got accomplished this week but with Easter coming up and finals (test and paper) for my grad class coming up.  I think my crafting will have to go on hiatus, but we shall see.

This scarf has faux cables through the magic of SSK and K2tog!
I have been epically frustrated with the falling water scarf because it just didn't seem to be turning out the way I expect.  I am using Space Cadet Creations fingering yarn I got at the Knit and Crochet festival and I just wanted to show the tonal color and the sparkle to the best of it's ability.

Well, this guy went into time out and when I picked it back up this week everything just seemed to click and I was able to see the pattern emerge from the yarn.  So happy that I stuck with it, as this is going to be a beautiful scarf.


About another inch or so to go until the heel flap.
I have added a couple inches to the Hummingbird sock and can't wait to get to the heel flap but am comfortable with the pace I am keeping on this sock.

The Gryffindor scarf really is my go to project right now, particularly when watching the Penguins or any TV program.  The Pens won last night against the Boston Bruins, but I had to switch over to another program because I felt like I was jinxing the game.  I did get about 9 rows done on the scarf.

I am going to the next game on Thursday.  It's against the Rangers and I am so excited.  Not only am I going to the game, but I am volunteering through work to sell raffle tickets for the Flight 93 Memorial before the start of the game and through the first period of play.

You will also notice that I have some stitch markers in the compilation picture.  After receiving and purchasing some awesome markers, I thought that I could make some.  Really I just love how they hang from your work and are more attractive that the plain old plastic ones.

Aren't the Bumblebees and Lady Bugs adorable?

I still have some finishing work left to do on many of them but the above is just a sampling of what I was able to create. Really I know they look complicated but after about 15 minutes of work I end up with a handful of these colorful gems.

I do want to plug my own handy-work a bit, my good friend Samie at Not Your Gram's Afghan is doing a giveaway for her blog-aversary.  Not only do you win 2 skeins of King Cole Riot and a pattern for the Spring Ripple Scarf, but you get 5 stitch markers that I made!

Stitch Markers for Samie's Giveaway!

Go check it out and register to win!  *And may the odds be ever in your favor!*

Check out other WIPs at Tami's Amis!

<3 Heather

* First person who comments below with the source material of the starred text above will get a set of stitch markers in their color of choice!  Good Luck!

10 comments:

  1. I love the stitch markers! They look amazing! I totally get what you mean about struggling to keep up with crafting at this time in the semester. Although, much of the time knitting is the only thing that can help me destress. Do you ever feel that way? Good luck with classes, we are so close to summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of feel that way. I just need my evenings to write a paper and prep for the exam versus knitting/crochet/reading.

      Delete
  2. The stitch markers are really pretty! Also, I really like the stripes in your hummingbird socks! Good luck finishing your semester! I remember those days and don't envy you at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, it's only one class but it is part time with work and everything else going. I think it will be alright, I got an A on my midterm.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, you can win a set of your own if you know where the starred quote came from!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! I really love pretty stitch markers and thought I can make these.

      Delete
  5. The stitch markers look fun, and I love how your scarves are turning out - especially the gryffindor scarf (though I'm partial to Ravenclaw myself)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, the scarf is not for me but for a friend's daughter who is graduating high school. I am a puff so lots of black and gold for me!

      Delete