Wednesday, December 19, 2012

WIP Wednesday - An Oldie by a Goodie

Hello all,  this has been a busy week.  Now that the paper I was working on for my research project is complete and I got an A in the class.  Woot!

I am now focusing on Christmas.  I got the tree up at my parent's house and my apartment.  I have some presents bought but really need to get out and finish shopping.  Plus I have cookies to bake.  I am participating in my friend's cookie exchange and need to bake 5 dozen cookies by Thursday.  I have been cleaning up and baking commences tonight!  I am making Mexican Chocolate Snickerdoodle Cookies.  I found the recipe on Pinterest and new I needed to make these for the exchange.

Otherwise, I am moving along toward Christmas but I had quite a scare yesterday.  I am traveling to Southern California for an  Alpha Phi Omega (my college service fraternity) Convention on December 26th.

Me at a Leadership Training in 2007 for APO
While I was thinking about it, I managed to dig out my flight confirmation to email to my dad so he knew when I was flying.  As soon as he got it, I got a call.  "Honey, do you know this says your departing on November 26th?"

It indeed said November.  I booked the flight in July and missed that I booked it for November instead of December.  So last evening, I was on the phone with United trying to get my flight re-booked.  I was originally told, that it was going to be a $500+ difference.  I cannot afford that.  I then talked to some people about it and called back.  By this time, I was near tears and a gentleman operator answered the phone.  I think he didn't want me to cry and worked with his supervisor to get my a flight that was only $77 dollars different.  This was reasonable and I am so thankful.  As a result, I was late for my haircut but at least I can get to Anaheim after Christmas.

So enough drama and onto the yarny goodness.

STV Spiffy Iffy Peresphone's Return! Socks

Let's turn some heels!


I finished all of my gift knitting so now I can pull out some things that have fallen into the WIP pit.  I picked up my socks that I started for Sock the Vote and got to work last night.  I had the heel flap done and turned the heel.  I have to shift stitches around all over the place but I am back on track.  I realized I miss read the gusset and have to jump down and remove some decreases but I love making the gusset so these should be done soon.

Well, that's it for this weekend, now onto the paper!

For other WIPs check out Tami's Amis and Frontier Dreams

<3 Heather

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for the A! You deserved it! The socks look lovely, I'm always impressed by how quickly you knit. Sorry to hear about the flight, I've been flying 10+ times a year for 7 years and I have never had United (or pretty much any other airline) be that understanding, you obviously found one of the few kindhearted employees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad you were able to get your ticket straightened out to make it home. I'm eager to hear how the cookies come out. Gotta love Pinterest! :-D

    ReplyDelete