Wednesday, July 3, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Shifting Hues 2

Hello everyone!  I had a really busy week.  My churches festival was June 26 - June 29.  I made funnel cake batter in the morning and helped with other food prep.  Since I spent many summers at our local amusement park making these fried confections, I was volun-told that I would be making the batter at the festival.














Then during the festival I made the walking tacos/Frito pies as well as fill in at the funnel cake fryer.  I don't mind making funnel cakes but really 3 years was enough.  The weather was rainy and humid for most of the week and Dad's house is not air conditioned so I was a bit miserable.

Given the temperature, I really didn't get to knit to much because the thought just made me sweat more.  I did however get a bit done

Hue Shift Afghan

25 beautiful squares knitted :)
So I finished the first quadrant.  I see this as a huge summer accomplishment because I really wanted to get this done sooner rather than later.  I have 2 more squares done on the next section and was almost finished with the third but I put the decrease in the wrong place and ripped it back.

Right back to where I started

I was super excited on Monday because I got my birthday present to me in the mail. I ordered 3 small project bags from Stitched by JessaLu.  I already have a Big Bang Theory Bag, Space Balls, and Sherlock.  Now I added the cute Ladybugs, Robots in Chocolate and Bicycles.  :)  I am super excited to put some lovely knitting into these bags.


She has all kinds of amazing and geeky fabrics.  You should check out her store.  The bags are well made and are really adorable.

Anyway, that was my week.  Hope yours is going well.

For other WIPs check out Tami's Amis and Frontier Dreams

<3 Heather

4 comments:

  1. funnel cake!! i love funnel cakes, i haven't had one in YEARS. yum yum
    afghan is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I haven't eaten a funnel cake since I worked at the amusement park. I would leave smelling like grease and powdered sugar, so they are not really appetizing anymore.

      Delete
  2. I love the hue afghan. So, so, so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing afghan!!

    Here's my WIP: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-94/

    ReplyDelete