Wednesday, August 14, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Fall Colors

Hello again, I cannot believe how fast August is passing.  Before you know it everyone will be back to school and fall really will be upon us.  Surprisingly enough this month has been cool, instead of hot and humid which just make me happier and want pumpkin everything.  Mmmm Pumpkin Spiced Latte!

As the weather gets cooler all I want to do is knit sweaters and crochet blankets.  Thankfully I still have a few of those in my WIP pile to keep me entertained.  However since I did recently finish my Tropical Ginger Hitchhiker, I started two new shawls that have a bit of a fall flavor to them.

Cherry Sundry

Lovely Cherry Red Yarn to make a lovely fall shawl.
I was drawn to the Sundry pattern because of the lovely middle section that looks like hounds tooth. I am nowhere near the patterned section yet but this lovely red is gearing my up for fall.  It has such lovely tonal qualities and is so vibrant and gorgeous that I stare more than I knit at times.

I can't wait to show you the brown color that is going to go with it.  It contains subtle flecks of gold, red, green and blue to make a lovely neutral with depth and character.  The yarn itself is Bugga! from Verdant Gryphon and I love it so far.

Happy Street 

Love the purple and greens!
I was utterly captivated by this pattern this spring.  I just wanted to make this cousin to color affection in the worst way.  It's bright colors were just calling to me.  I settled on a set of MissBabs Yummy to make this shawl.  The colors are Ghoulish, Impatiens and Impatient.  I love the bright purple, the lime green and the deep dark eggplant purple so far.

Hue Shift Afghan

Slow moving...
Alas, I have fallen in a bit of a funk with this project.  I think the last column is hardest but I will persevere and get this section done.

Anyway, that was my week.  Hope yours is going well.

For other WIPs check out Tami's Amis and Frontier Dreams

Check out my new meme Movie Madness Monday

<3 Heather

2 comments:

  1. I love happy street, looks so fun, can't wait to see it finished, great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cherry business is to die for!..........and now I want cherry cobbler.

    ReplyDelete