Wednesday, August 28, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Squares and Stripes

Well after work today I am off to my second class of the semester.  I am super excited about this class and think that I will have some new ideas and perspectives.  That said, it is a sign that things are back at break neck speeds.  Thankfully, this class is done a bit earlier in the evening but that means I need to get to work earlier to fit everything in.

So far, I need to work on waking up earlier.  :)  I need to set better parameters and maybe DVR* more of the late night talk shows that I love (*I initially wrote "tape" but even I realize that is a dated reference.)

During my last week before class started I focused on one of my other blankets and a bit of a shawl.

White Centered Granny Blanket

20 happy squares!
This poor blanket has been in progress since April of 2012.  Granted most of this has been passive work.  Making the squares was a great break from whatever project was driving me crazy at the time as well as being mindless.

As of this week however, all of the squares have been made.  Most of these still need their ends woven in and a white border but this is a huge accomplishment.  I can see a light at the end of the tunnel and I am even thinking about how I want to border this blanket.  If you have suggestions please let me know!

I have another set of blocks almost ready to join.

I want to get this blanket done soon because I want to wash and hang it out to dry on a line before fall/winter makes it too cold to do so.  I don't have enough room in my apartment for this thing to air dry and block so I need to take it to my Dad's house to line dry outside.    

I am also working on a post that will talk about how I used Excel to help me with my planned random layout.  It was really easy and I will give formulas and tips on how to make a "planned" random blanket that is interactive while your still in progress.

Happy Street

Happy Street!
I now have 2 of the stripes done and I am so happy with the color choices.  I try and work on this during knit night to get one stripe done.  I have no immediate plans to get this done anytime soon but seeing others done makes me want to finish this ASAP.

Anyway, that was my week.  Hope yours is going well.

For other WIPs check out Tami's Amis and Frontier Dreams

Check out my new meme Movie Madness Monday

<3 Heather

5 comments:

  1. I too have been working on a long-term blanket. The joining process can be so tedious, but end results are great. It is looking great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I don't like the look of join as you go so I typically do slip stitch joins or single crochet joins on the back side of the blanket.

      Delete
  2. You have it almost done! So pretty with the white around each one. Your other project is a shawl? Very nice on the striping! The Excel random generator sounds really interesting! Good luck with your class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, three more panels to go. The white inside and edging were inspired by BunnyMummy. The other project is the happy street shawl.

      Glad to see someone interested in the generator.

      Delete
  3. Your blanket is super happy! I love it.

    ReplyDelete