Wednesday, November 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Fall

What a week.  I can't believe that we went from a spike of 70° F weather last Wednesday to snow on Tuesday.  Fall and spring are so fickle, but the blue sky this morning was breath taking.  Anyway the thought of snow just has me itching to pull out my hats, scarves and shawls to show off.

The juxtiposition of fall leaves and snow

Aside from the weather, Monday was the 2nd anniversary of my mother's passing.  I admit to being down but the pain was less acute.  I was thankful for work and class to keep my mind occupied.  One unfortunate thing is that Veteran's day is forever tinged with loss instead of thankfulness for the veteran's who fought for our freedoms.

Shapely Boyfriend

It has a sleeve!
I am so proud of this accomplishment.  My sweater is almost alive, it has a body and 1.15 sleeves! I am currently on the 3rd pattern repeat (out of 18) of the second sleeve and after that is the button band.  I plan on getting this guy done in November!

After this project, I need to recast on for my Quaker Foxhunt, make something for my Nerd Wars Swap and finish Cherry Sundry.

So that's all for this week.

For other WIPs check out Tami's Amis and Frontier Dreams

Check out my new meme Movie Madness Monday

<3 Heather

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy the juxtaposition and yay for using big words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like big words and I cannot lie. Those other brothers can't deny.... :)

      Delete