Monday, January 13, 2014

Movie Madness Monday 22


Welcome back.  This is a weekly meme where bloggers can share their thoughts on movies.  Any movie review is welcome including, new releases, old favorites or new found favorites.

What I am Reviewing:

American Hustle

image from imdb.com
Clearly this movie is well received by the critics.  This Golden Globe winning movie was not what I expected.  Based on the previews I imagined a con job movie that was slick and glamourous with just a bit of corruption from the 70's.  In seeing the film, the con itself was a bit clunky.  I was in love with the acting in the movie.

Jennifer Lawrence was spectacular and totally deserved the Golden Globe she received last night.  Amy Adams, Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper were all amazing.  Another aspect that I loved was the music, it was everything that I grew up with.  My parents were in their 20's during the 70s and thats the music they related too and played on repeat.

Overall, I have watched a lot of feel good comedies and perhaps was expecting a little less that the film gave.  I am happy that I saw this but probably would have waited until it was on BlueRay.

What I have reviewed (last 5):

The Heat
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
The Incredible Hulk
This is the End
Ghostbusters


To visit the rest of the reviews, visit the Movies Page

What I want to see:

CBGB - 10/11/2013
Kill Your Darlings - 10/16/2013
Carrie - 10/18/2013
About Time - 11/08/2013
Frozen - 11/27/2013
Out of the Furnace - 12/06/2013
Savings Mr. Banks - 12/13/2013
August: Osage County - 12/25/2013

Wait for Blue Ray

The World's End - Now available on Blue Ray
Now You See Me  - Now available on Blue Ray
The Bling Ring - Now available on Blue Ray
Hangover 3 - Now available on Blue Ray
Pacific Rim Now available on Blue Ray

Girl Most Likely
Man of Steel - Available November 12
To Do List
Fast and Furious 6 
The Spectacular Now - Coming Soon
Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters - Coming Soon

If you are participating in Movie Madness Monday, fill out Mr. Link Below. You do not have to comment but please link back to this post in your post to get the word out!

<3 Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment