Wednesday, May 7, 2014

WIP Wednesday - Bright and Cheerful

Hello again, a lot has happened since last week.  I have been pretty busy at work so I am a bit behind on the posts I wanted to write.  But I am at least trying to get one post a week up until things calm down.

Anyway, this past weekend was the 41st Annual Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival.  I had been saving up so I bought a lot of awesome yarn for this year's projects.  That in itself is another post hopefully this week.  Plus I still need to get some good shots of the yarns I bought.

On Sunday, I also got to go to my first playoff game of the Pittsburgh Penguins.  Spoiler Alert --> they won!

Now it's back to the grind but I have some awesome things to show you this week.

Willow Square Blanket


Willow Square Blanket 2
I love this square


I got the Pomegranate squares done bu nothing more really started.  I want to get to the Shrimp squares but I need to finish that row on the Hue Shift.  Other than that these are coming along nicely.


Hue Shift 21.1
Half way done with this block


So I am plugging along with this block.  The added incentive to get a color finished to make the Willow Squares keeps this project fairly handy.  I love getting into the middle of a square because each pass is so much faster than the first couple rows.  Overall, I just need to keep at it.

Juicy Hitchhiker

Juicey Hitchhiker 2.0
It's Alive!

This is my traveling project and as such it doesn't get to much work done on it or pictures.  I worked on this a lot this past semester because my professor let me knit during class.  I also took it around when I was at Maryland Sheep and Wool for a Project to do when sitting around and resting.  Really this guy usually lives in my car but it's looking pretty good for a travel project.

Other than that I have so much more to tell about my travels and my weight loss journey so stay tuned for more updates.

For other WIPs check out Tami's Amis

<3 Heather

4 comments: